Sci fi O Rama- Davis Schleinkofer

All artwork by David Schleinkofer

You may know by now about my obsession with 70's apocalyptic sci-fi art work, and today a friend recommended that I check out a blog called www.sci-fi-o-rama.com. IT RULES!! They focus on collecting and showcasing scifi art through the ages, from 17th century etchings to modern air brushed pieces.

As I was trawling through the pages I came across the art work of David Schleinkofer who did many covers for sci-fi books in through the 60's and 70's. Unfortunately, I can't find out much else about him, other than he livesin Pennsylvania now with his wife and kids. Oh and that he's very good at the whole "floating head in the starry night sky" technique.. Which is rad.
LOVE IT :) So kitsch, so beautiful. (And fuck 'em if they call it low brow.)